lump in lip

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

lump in lip

For 3 months I have a small lump that appeared without sustaining any trauma in the upper 'bow' of my lip.  It swells especially in the AM but never disappears completely.  Oral OTC medication to reduce swelling help some, but it's still unsightly.  Impairs my speech if it's really swollen.  What is it and how do I get rid of it? I'm getting married in 3 months!!!!!
Without examination,it is difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but from your description it looks like a mucocele.It is a rubbery, bubblelike painles swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip,under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

Usually it goes away on its own.But if it does not,then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist.It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Shannon79 commented on photo
spider6 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals