postpartum granulation tissue
I have a 3 month old baby, and have extreemly painful granulation tissue where my stitches were from tearing during the delivery.  Sex right now is impossible.  I have been treated with Silver Nitrate twice, but to no avail.  My Dr. gave me samples of Premarin and said to put a pea-size amount on the affected area daily for 30 days.  However, I am breastfeeding and do not want the estrogen to get in my boy's milk, and I also don't want this additional estrogen to decrease my milk supply.   Are there any other options for me?  Also, is this a relativley rare condition?  I have found virtually nothing about it online.  
I just went to the Drs. office today, 3 months post-partum.  I had the abnormal granulation tissue as well, and have had pain from the recovery etc. as well.  I just got treated with the silver Nitrate, so we'll see if it works, but he also had said he could cut it off.  I just wanted to let you know it might not be as rare as you think, and that there may be another option to treat it.  I'm hoping it will heal perfectly.  Just noticed your post is from last year, but perhaps the info will help someone!