sharp pain after lumpectomy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

sharp pain after lumpectomy

a few yrs back i had a double lumpectomy done..one tumor (which was cancer free) was the size of a half dollar. The surgery left a nice 1 inch long scar along the outside of my left breast. Ever since I have experienced sharp pains that random occur and will last a few seconds to a few minutes and travel either down my ribs or down my arm. These pains will make  me stop in my track and when they shoot down my arm they make it al most impossible for me to use my arm. I was told that scar tissue is probably pressed against a nerve in my breast and that's whats causing all my pain...i was also told the only thing i can do is laser therapy to reduce the scar. Is it true...or possible..that scar tissue is indeed pressing against a nerve...and if so is there anything other than surgery i can do to reduce the scar?
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
16 mins ago
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
21 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals