swollen itchy vagina after sex

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

swollen itchy vagina after sex

I know there are alot of these questions out there but none of them so far seem to fit my situation completely.  For three days now my vaginal lips have been swollen, sensitive, and slightly itchy.  It first happened an hour or so after I had made love with my fiance.  I thought at first it was the fact that we had been quite "busy" that week since I had previously been out of state for a while and we really missed each other if you know what I mean.  Some have said that it would be caused by rough sex, but this was actually the gentlest we have ever done it.  I have also heard that swelling can be caused by being very turned on and I will admit that it was the most turned on I have ever been in my life.  At first it was just a constant discomfort and occational itching, but since I have noticed that my lips are very swollen and now reddish.  The constant throbbing has gone away, but I still get twinges and the itching is persisting as well as moments of discomfort.  I am just worried because it has been three days now and I haven't done anything sexual since so I would have thought that at least that would have helped?  

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Oh, and it's not latex allergy either.
so you guys used a condom?

Maybe its an infection. I would get checked out by an OB to be safe :-)
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals