under stress and no sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

under stress and no sleep

my fifteen month old daughter is not sleeping lately and i am not getting much sleep. my work environment is not much better. I dread ging in and I am not gettng along with many people there. Everything in my life right now is so stessful I feel as if I am going to explode. what should I do? Is this healthy?
Is it healthy? I would have to say that,no, it is not healthy. Have you considered other options, such as a new work environment? Have you been able to figure out why your child isn't sleeping? Perhaps if one or both of these areas was remedied, your overall outlook would improve. If you are feeling, however, that things are "hopeless" or feel in any way like you may be experiencing signs or symptoms of depression, I strongly encourage you to seek professional help. It is not uncommon for feelings of depression to present during this time of year, but if you feel like this is more, than again, I seriously recommend discussing this with a medical professional.

I sincerely hope things look up for you soon. Feeling that way is never good and I hope a solution arrives soon.

Andrea
yeah being under stress is kinda bad.. just relax.. enjoy bein with your baby.. just smile at work.. if they're too hard to be with then don't kill urself for them.. i mean, if they dont give a damn on your feelings ingnore them.. at times, we become under stress because of other people too.. just free your mind from any problems or fear.. enjoy things you do everyday.. try watching the sunset.. or eat with friends.. like what she said.. spend most times enjoying urself.. and less likely to think of doubts of serious problems..

wish u luck...
god bless
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I can relate. I have gone through bouts of depression on and off the past 10 years. Is it possible for you to change jobs? maybe something that you enjoy more? Your baby might be picking up on your stress and that could be why she isn't sleeping well. Maybe you can try to find some things in your life that make you happy. try taking a nice long bubble bath, go out to lunch with a friend, go to a spa, excersise is a great way to improve your mood! go out and watch a movie, the point is, try and find some time to yourself and do something that you really enjoy. I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids and sometimes I forget about myself and at times I get overwhelmed and if that doesn't get taken care of then I get depressed. Especialy in the winter. If you find that you are depressed or angry for no reason or you easily get like that, then go see your Dr. He might be able to help. One thing that has helped me when I get depressed is I look at my "happy book" is what I call it. When I'm feeling in a good mood, I write down happy memories and put them in a book, I draw pictures, put pictures of happy memories, anything that you can look, or read and be happy. It really works. It's hard to find and think about happy times when you are feeling down. Maybe you can try that. It has helped me and it's been fun to make too. Just add to it every now and then. Put anything in it that you want. Bible verses, pictures, cut out pictures in a magazine, decorate it anyway you want. I hope these help. and make sure to eat chocolate!!
Is it necessary that you work...?  Maybe you are hating work because you want to be home with your baby.

Regarding your baby, is she sleeping a lot during the day at the sitters?  Maybe she needs less nap time.