vaginal bleeding with bowel movement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

vaginal bleeding with bowel movement

I have had vaginal bleeding during BM.  It occurs only once/ month but predictably 2 days before period.  This has  been going on for several years. (backgound, 40, 2 kids, no endometriosis.  Regular colonoscopy, PAPs always negative, 28 day cycle)

Ugly details:  After BM, bright red blood in commode and on toilet tissue.  (positive it is vaginal, not rectal) the curious thing is that once it happens there is no residual bleeding at all.  No further spotting on the same day, nothing.  Happens once per cycle and that is it until next month.  

Diagnoses:  Had Uterine ultrsound (with water) to better see if polyps present.  Found at least two tiny polyps in uterus. They were clearly visable even to my untrained eye. Scheduled day surgery to have them removed and to biopsy tissues just in case.  

Doctor went in, could not find the polyps.  She took tissue samples for biopsy.  

Biopsy came back all clear for cancer, but pathology showed that I have a 'disorganized endometrium'.  This was explained as follows:  When looking at the cells of uterine lining, they should all present at same stage of your cycle. ie:if you are on the 10th day of your cycle, the cells should look about 10 days old.  My cells were 'disorganized' with some at 5 days, some at 15, some at 21 etc.  

My doctor put on BC pills for 3 months and then wants to do another biopsy in November.  She said the BC pills should kick my lining back on track.

I am skeptical.  1St month on pill I had same symptoms.  I am in the 2nd month now.  wait and see.

Looking for comments!
I am having this problem now. About 2 1/2 years ago, shortly after I had my cervix frozen, I started bleeding during intercourse either right before my period or right after. Through out time it has gotten worse. Now it is everytime I have intercourse and every time I make a bowel movement, rather it be hard or loose stools. I have been to doctors and they say they can't find anything that would cause me to bleed. I am getting really worried and this is really hard on me and my boyfriend. I stay weak and tired. Does anyone know what this might be and what I can do to get the doctors to listen and fix it. This is not normal.
I'm about 16 weeks pregnant. I've been having vaginal bleeding with bowel movement for the past 2-3 months. It's bright red bleeding with small clots. It happens to me once every 7-10 days. I also got similar bleeding after intercourses in the first trimeter (I don't do that now). I have been to my OBGYN doctors and didn't get any clear answer about the real cause - the ultrasound of baby is fine. I got no treatment about it and very worried now since I'm carrying a baby and hope this won't affect her/him ...
I too have a very similar sounding story.  I have been having vaginal bleeding from BM's and after sex for about 1 1/2 yrs now.  The bleeding is more frequent than your stories.  Mine seems to last for about 1 week always during the middle of my cycle.  Lately - over the last couple of months - it has increased in frequency from mid cycle to close to the end of my cycle.  It seems like it is taking forever to get anywhere with my gyn about this.  I have been told i have endo, and have had a laparoscopy (which didn't seem to help these particular symptoms).  I have tried switching birth control pills as suggested - which hasn't helped.  And just last week i had my cervix burned (which so far hasn't seemed to make a difference either).   I am beginning to get quite worried about it.  I am 31 years old, no kids, but would like to try getting pregnant sometime over the next year.  I have scheduled an app't to get a referral for a different gyn/ob for a second opinion and to see if i can get anywhere further with this.  It is very frustrating.........
I AM 59 YEARS OLD, I HAVE A VAGINAL BLEEDING FOR ABOUT ALMOST (1) ONE YEAR NOW, I AM VERY CONCERN BECAUSE I HAVE A HYSTERECTOMY FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO.  AND I HAVE NOT BEEN TO OBGYN EVER SINCE THEN.   I BLEED SOME TIME WHEN I URINATE, OR DURING BM AND URINATE.
I also have been having the same similar issues.
Starting about 1 month ago, at every BM i notice vaginal bleeding when I wipe. Afterward, there may be more spotting, although not more than perhaps one more wipe at the next time I urinate, and then it is gone until the next time I have a BM, at which point it starts alll over again. I am 34 years old, and am uncertian to the cause of this issue. I am currently on Depo, and wonder why this is happening.
Hope someone can offer some insight.
Yikes!!! what is wrong with ya ladies? Have you been able to fix your symptoms...sounds so scary =(

I had bleeding during BM only when having an etopic or ovarian cyst that needed surgery. I never had surgeries with the etopic for they took care of themselves....

Did the birth control help anyone?
I had vaginal bleeding for about a half year.  My doctor didn't see anything and lab tests were normal.  I started researching and thinking...  I found some posts about drinking beet juice and others about drinking apple cider vinegar to rebalance your system.  Thinking about the vinegar, how the doctor's use it vaginally after a colposcopy, douches have vineger, vinegar is a natural cleanser, vinegar is a natural anti-fungal ,etc...  I tried douching with half vinegar and half water.  The first week I did it 3 times and now once a week for a short while.  I have been free of vaginal bleeding for almost 3 weeks now!!!  Before that I could rarely go a day without see some blood!  I don't see how trying this could hurt anyone!!!!  (FYI - the over the counter douches don't have much vinegar, so I used a OTC bottle and refilled it myself.  The Summer's Eve bottles were easy to refill, some have very small openings to prevent us from refilling.)  Good luck!
My past period was in December 2007. I was not on birthcontrol at the time, and started Depo in April 2008. In August 2009, I had an abnormal PAP. In October, for experiencing persistant lower abdominal pain, I had an ultrasound done that showed nothing abnormal, such as a syst or mass of any type. I had a coposcopy in November to follow up on my PAP, and I have one of the cancer-causing HPVs, but no cancerous cells at the time. I then switched from the Depo to seasonal birth control, pills called seasonique. I have had no problems until tonight. Earlier today, I had intercourse and experienced no bleeding at all; however, five hours later, I had a bowel movement, and there was a lot of bright red blood in the toilet and on the tissue. The blood is thin, with no tissue and is coming from my vagina. I am about a week before I should have a period in my birth control pills; though, when I started these, my OBGYN told me that it could be a year before I have a period after Depo. Also, I am 20 years old with no children.