Women's Social Community
Is this okay?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Is this okay?

I'm 18 and I just want to know if this is justified. I lost my virginity about a month ago to my long-term boyfriend...we used three different methods of birth control because I'm very responsible and wanted to be safe. I recently opened up to my mom about sex and told her what happened, mostly because I wanted to make sure I had her support. She responded by telling me she is ashamed and that I screwed up big time. She's punishing me for ”betraying her trust” by not allowing me to see my boyfriend or go to his house again. My dad is a total wimp who just takes her side. What should I do? I realize I still live in her house under her rules, but I am also an adult who made a mature decision and went about it safely. I really thought opening up to her would show her I trust her and value her input, but it bit me in the ***. Suggestions?
I think you did the right thing by telling her the truth and using protection. Some many kid's today hide there sexually relationships from there parents until its to late. But you have to understand we as parents are so protective and only want the best for our children. When you told your Mom I believe it was something she was not expecting and very hard for her to listen to. Maybe even apart of her feels to blame BC in our minds we want our daughters to wait until they married and fully understand all the aspects of sex and wanted to be the first to share that with you. I don't agree with she has said to you but she's hurting by this news and may need a day or to. Yes your 18 and that's makes you an adult but please don't be mad at your mom. Parents can be hard and unreasonable but it's out of love.