563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Drug Free, symptom free??
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
289 members

Drug Free, symptom free??

Just wondering if anyone went off all of the drugs (steriods) and has not had any symptoms of the gm.  I have been off of everything since December and trying to learn my limits.  I am getting better and better, however, if I overdue something I feel things and have to rest.  I didn't do the chemo. Lots of juicing (brocoli, spinich etc.)and garlic, vit.d, omegas.  
Ps. Things get better, but I have learned what triggers me and how to live and watch for certain things. I just wondered if anyone felt completely the same as before and it was just a matter of time or is this my new normal...for now.

I, too, am doing much better now...but not quite the same as before. I have wondered the same thing...will I ever feel "normal" or completely healthy again? I don't have breast symptoms most of the time now...but the other symptoms are abundant. They are sometimes better and sometimes worse, but never completely gone.
Now I am drug free, symptom free.  I just wear clay against my breast every night. I jog.  I feel great, rarely ill.  I am two pounds heavier than before I started Prednisone.  The thing with me that is different compared lots of women with this disease is that all my trouble was local to the breast.  I never had joint trouble, weakness or any other inflamation (inflammation) in the body.  I contined to jog through the disease (but I had to hold my bandaged breast against my chest the whole time).  I should be hitting menopause soon - I am 55.  The estrogen decrease may allow for weaning off the clay (I hope).  Although it is so easy and cheap that I would accept it if someone were to tell me that I had to wear clay on my breast every night for the rest of  my life.  (At one point I was told that might have to take methotrexate for the rest of my life.)
Smiles4TheSoul joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 21
Sush560 It's gone with homeopathy! Comment
Mar 10
Sush560 commented on Sush560's status
Mar 10