Is this typical?

I was diagnosed with GM a month ago after mammo, ultrasound, MRI and two separate core biopsies.

The consultant at breast clinic said he was certain I had cancer as MRI showed 6cm mass, but core needle biopsy was benign. He did another, taking more than a dozen samples - this one showed mastitis inflammation and he diagnosed GM.

This came out of nowhere in early March - woke up with tenderness and pain, no lump. Over course of a week, pain increased and could feel general lumpiness and hardening. GP referred me to breast clinic but thought it was just hormonal/cyst.

Swelling and hardening got worse, with some tenderness and stabbing pain.

After first biopsy I developed an infection, and needed two weeks of antibiotics for it to clear and heal. It's a month since the second biopsy and this time it hasn't yet healed. It oozes yellowish fluid every day and sometimes forms a pus-like head, like a spot.

GP has said there's no infection or abscess and not to worry too much. Fortunately I'm not in pain, but it does ache sometimes and I can't sleep on the affected side because of an uncomfortable sensation of pressure. But the drainage is getting me down - I'm wearing breast pads in my bra, and my breast looks scarred and dented and swollen.

I appreciate that it's still early days, but is this typical? And will the drainage/oozing eventually stop?

I'd really appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks!
hi and welcome!
Yes, that is typical!!
I have had GM for almost 1 year and that yellowish fluid (that looks like an infection) is what we all had coming out of the abscesses. In my case each lump became an abscess.
I have about 5 scars left in my left breast for almost 11 months of GM.
I suggest you to read previous posts.Take care!
Yep, sounds just like what I'm going through.  I have yellow "oily-pus" and sometimes blood.  I let my abscesses open on their own. They usually stay open for quite a while.  They do close but then they open back up.  I have about 5-7 abscesses right now, some are the size of a dime, others are super tiny.  I got an abscess right near my biopsy site.  

I wear breast pads in my bra.  I bought these cheap loose fitting bras to wear until I heal again. I think you can find them at Walmart for $5, it looks like a stretchy spaghetti strap tank that you can use for "layering".

I always tell people that my breast looks "beat up". I have scarring, reddish/purple areas, dented areas too.  

I hope you're doing okay.  Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing and what's new with you. Take care!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
SPS15 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 19
Jolene760 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 20
Romo1113 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14