Safe treatment while pregnant?
I am 21 weeks pregnant. Over a month ago, this started with inflammation, inverted nipple. Progressively got worse. Three visits to the Dr and three visits to the breast health center has resulted in  several ultrasounds, a mammogram, 3 bouts of antibiotics (clindymiacin, last one taken, and finally the inflammation (pus, gross, I know) tore through. They lanced it, packed it to no avail, and now put in a Penrose drain. The biopsy has ruled out cancer, but today was told I will go back for another biopsy  to test for granulomatous mastitis.
      Has anyone undergone this while pregnant? What was your treatment? My Dr said it is usually treated with steroids, but because I am pregnant, they can't give me any. I am so frustrated with the run around and pain. I'm worried about the effects the antibiotics may have had on the baby.   Today I will start juicing regimen, but will need to include some meals (for baby). Want to flush out out this infection, and boost my immune system.   I was absolutely amazed by the "fat , sick, and nearly dead " documentary.    Any info would really help :)
I had mastitis/abscesses all the way through my pregnancies and ended up in hospital with a drain in my breast to remove the rubbish I had repeated anti~biotic which I was not happy about but the babies both came out with no effects from the anti~biotic so don't worry to much.xxxxx  
The drug I was prescribed was Augmentin 625mg 3 X a day I had this several times during the 9 months
This is my first time getting this, and from what I've read so far is that it flares up then goes away, then flares up again. Did you ever have some reliefs? How long? I can't imagine having to deal with this pus the entire next 4 months! We're you able to breastfeed? I'm not taking any antibiotics now. Dr just wants to monitor progress and let abscesses open on their own and "spontaneously heal" :/
I still have after (9 year) and had flare~ups during after and before two pregnancies and managed to breastfeed successfully which I was so pleased about. I was worried that both babies were sometimes helping with the removal of the "pus" but Dr's consultants health~visitor all convinced me there was no harm whatsoever to the baby and breast~feeding is the ultimate best.

lth
I have had a successful pregnancy while having GM. My doctor, for the most part let me pick and choose what medications I was going to stay on while pregnant, in my opinion, it's all up to you and your level of comfort and how bad your own personal symptoms are.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
SPS15 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 19
Jolene760 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 20
Romo1113 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14