563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
When will the pain stop?
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
254 members

When will the pain stop?

Hi everyone!
I am close to tears for finding this group, i hope i get some help.
I am 30 years old i have two children aged 4 years and 2 1/2 years.
I breast fed both for up to 1 half years with no problems,i have always had large breasts
but minus the weight i have on me now.
I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome yet i fell pregnant naturally both times,i dont get a regular periods so
this is where i am at now...
Was on contraception pill for around 2 years then stopped cause i felt it was causing me to gain
weight and breast tenderness,I haven't had any  period for 5 months almost!
BANG oneday i get breast pain in both breasts (felt like period coming or early pregnancy.. even felt like i had breast milk..very engorged)....Then the lump showed in my right breast at 11:00 o'clock  i was in pain all over my breast!! i had to carry it to turn over in bed..cant take off my bra either.
Had all tests done ultrasound/mammogram on both/biopsy of lump and under arm lymph node right side all.
Came up as "acute Granulomatous mastitis" ! no cancer cells found.
NOW this is where i am going crazy...its been a month since all this started and my specialist here in SYDNEY Australia suggested surgery and since i have so much breast tissue he said he can bring the breast together to avoid it looking dented.As i am going for a family trip in may for two months he said the surgery can wait until i return provided the lump doesn't get bigger and i dont fall pregnant or am not pregnant now.
I had urine tests done since this started all negative still going to have a blood one done to be sure 100%...I was given the all clear to go back onto "duromine" phentermine 30mg a day pills for weight loss as i lost 9 kilos in 5 weeks just weeks before this nightmare began using them...wondering if it cold be related? Dr thinks not.
I am in sooooooooo much pain now in both  breasts yet no lump in Left!! Dr told me to just get supportive bra and have ibuprofen for pain until surgery.THATS IT??? no antibiotics or anything that may help relieve symptoms?
Both breasts feel like they are engorged i cant even walk or move around like i want from the pain and heaviness!
PLEASE i know this has been  alot to read ,but if you can help me with any advice i am for ever thankful.
Last thing to add NO breast cancer or any cancer in our family and i have "inverted nipples"
50%
 (1) 
any
50%
 (1) 
any
2 Members voted

I'm also in Sydney Australia and just sent you a message so check your inbox.  I can't give much advice at the moment being I was just diagnosed in December 2012, but I'm a mum, in Sydney and suffering right alongside you if that provides any comfort.

I would recommend getting a second opinion which I did recently and gave some comfort.

Just as you are about your trip, I'm frustrated about what plans to make with work - the unknown with this disease is doing my head in.  I plan for the worst but hope for the easy - it will go away with no treatment option.

I'm also going to start looking at the natural/alternative therapies seeing as conventional medicine seems to be unclear - happy to share experiences/successes/failures.

Regards,
Sam
(also Missy Higgins fan!)

sent  u a message Sam.....love missy higgins too ;)
Hi. Thank you for answering my post. I finally had pain relief. The new breast specialist I saw on Friday gave me Gabapentin (Neurontin) as a painkiller. I have had a pain-free weekend. I'm not sure I will continue taking it, though, because it also knocked me out. The few hours that I've been awake on this medicine have been pain-free though. It's been wonderful to have a break from the pain. Get well!
raybirds joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
samaz joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 13
MoViris joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 10