trying for baby User Group
TRY AND TRY AGAIN & SHOULD I HAVE HAD FOLLOW UP TESTING? COULD IT B...
About This Group:

any one trying for a baby plz come here and share your sucsess story's or your sad story's we will be here to support you x o x o

Founded by k4d on September 24, 2009
270 members

TRY AND TRY AGAIN & SHOULD I HAVE HAD FOLLOW UP TESTING? COULD IT BE TOO LATE?

6511084?1294169522
                                           WHAT IN THE WORLD SHOULD I DO???

My Husband and I had a miscarriage over a year ago or so...and, right after I had my miscarriage was confirmed by a doctor through a blood test. When the nurse called me back to double confirm that I was indeed having a miscarriage, I asked her if I would have to go back in to get checked out, or have some follow up testing done or SOMETHING....but she said I didn't have to go back ever again if I didn't want to...or something like that..you know, basically just to reassure me that I didn't need to go back because I was supposedly fine. The only thing she did tell me to do was to hold off on trying to make a baby for at least 3 to 4 months or so that my body could fully recover. The reason why I am asking if I should still have follow up testing...(even though it's almost two years since the miscarriage)...is because, my husband and I have been trying ever since Father's Day of 2010 to make a baby...and now it's already January 4th 2011...and we still aren't pregnant. It's just been a little discouraging. My other questions are, what are the specific, and best days to conceive each month? How can I tell if I'm ovulating (without a ovulation predictor kit)? Is it possible that I am no longer able to conceive? Did the nurse make a mistake by telling me not to come back for a check up or follow up? Have I not fully recovered? Is there something wrong with me due to the miscarriage and the effects it had on my body? Is it possible to not ever conceive again after a miscarriage? I have heard so many things...I am confused. It is just concerning me that it is taking so long to get pregnant. The first time was really easy. My Husband and I had tried for about 4 months...and then we got pregnant. It all went by so fast...and it seemed effortless. Now it seems like such a struggle for us to conceive. What should I do?

--ksh09
hi ksh09,

i'd make an appointment and speak with your doctor about your concerns. how old are you? in general they say to wait a year if you are under the age of 35 and 6months if you are over 35. however, you have a lot of questions and concerns and i think it makes sense for you to speak with your doctor, regardless of timelines.

if you don't mind me aksing, how far along were you in your pregnancy? if it's early enough (first few weeks) sometimes follow up is not thought to be necessary. i had an early miscarriage at 6 weeks and my doctor said no followup was necessary.

re: how do you know when you are ovulating, opkits don't work for me so i check my cervical mucous every day or so. generally it is drier or creamier on less fertile days and as you approach ovulation your mucous becomes like egg whites and is super stretchable. this is fertile egg white cervical mucous and it means that ovulation is imminent (or is occurring, it depends on the woman). i track my mucous to have a general idea of when in the month i might ovulate but it is isn't an exact science, unfortunately!

hope this helps!

Hi there!

Hey, thanks for helping. Yeah ,I'll be 20 next month (Feb. 16th woot woot!) Anyway...No, I don't mind you asking, I was about I think 6 weeks as well...but I I didn't know I was miscarrying until what felt like 9 weeks...our baby was gone before I ever knew...because my belly kept growing and everything seemed normal...UNTIL...I lost all symptoms of being pregnant...the nausea was gone, the cravings were gone...the tiredness...all of that...and then that's when the cramping started. The nurse told me I wouldn't have to worry about going back too and all that, I just wanted a second opinion from someone here.

Thanks! :)

-ksh09
TinaR10 new buump pic up. Blessings... Comment
TinaR10 uploaded a new photo
Sheaby commented on Sheaby's status