Deep Vein Thrombosis Community

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.
1 - 20 (of 259) questions
if my brother goes to the er for what he thanks is a blood clot in his calf and hes been smoking meth what will happen will he go to jail...
1 answer |
I've been having what can only be describe as vein pain for a few weeks. I'm in the process of being tested for autoimmune disorders. The...
hi group, am 23 years old, male, caucasian, very athletically fit. part-take in about 4 hiit workouts a week in general. resting heart...
Has anyone experienced blood clots after being injected with the contrast dye Gadolinium?
2 answers | 1 comment |
I am 26 year old female and have the worst health.. Over the past week I have noticed something new and it is worring my because when I l...
Let me tell you all my story. So last week Monday Feb 26-Wednesday Feb 28 I was out of town for school. Only an hour drive from home. On ...
I had leg blood clots last year. All the clots were superficial. I went through the vein treatments. Now I have pain again in that sam...
Hello, and thank you all in advance for anything you can help with. I am a 40 year old male, non smoker. Yesterday I was taking a bre...
I'm a 52 yr old male recovering from a PE (pulmonary embolism) & a DVT in my right calf from July. I've been on xarelto for 5 months beca...
1 answer |
First of all, this is going to be a long post... sorry! Hey! I’m 21 years old and a week ago I was discharged from hospital after a mo...
1 answer |
About 10 months ago I was diagnosed with a DVT in my arm. The belief was that an iv that I had received a month prior was the inciting in...
If you have varicose veins in your legs can you also have them in your head or lungs? what is the best treatment? laser, radio, surgery...
6 answers |
I'm not sure if this is a DVT question but it was a DVT that caused the problem I need help with. I have been dealing with a stasis ulcer...
3 answers |
So I'm a 22 year old transgender male. I am on 50 mg of testosterone weekly. I do smoke a pack a day, and I am also, even though I don't ...
2 answers |
i have a lot of pains with warferin can plaviix replace it for dvt
I took birth control pills last year for 6 months for my PCOS and stopped then started taking them again a month ago but stopped again be...
I went in for ACL reconstruction and ended up with a DVT in my calf. I am on Xarelto for six months now. Doctor went ahead and ordered a ...
I was in the gym yesterday and on the particlar machine that I was using my right arm was down towards the floor grasping a handle. As I ...
2 answers | 1 comment |
I've been having an aching pain behind my knee for about a week now. I'm a 22 year old female that does take birth control, for about 7 y...
1 answer |
Had arthroscopic ACL surgery last week and within last two days developed excruciating pain in my operated leg calf. Went to ER today and...
Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
212 Members
259 Questions
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.