Hernia Community

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.
1 - 20 (of 324) questions
I had surgery months back (10/2015) to repair a hernia under my belly button as well as to close a small hole on the inner wall of my bel...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Hi, Im 51 years old was diagnosed with small hiatal hernia 4 years ago. Recently I started getting a cold or an allegy and began with hea...
1 answer |
I had a left inguinal hernia surgery with mesh 15 months ago. After the surgery everything was ok. But after 10 months i experienced neur...
Hello I am a healthy active 30 year old male. For the past 8 years I have had a hard time emptying my bladder when I pee. I pee but wh...
I apologize for the nature of the question in advance. A bit odd to some, others perhaps not. Here goes. I am having a hernia operatio...
1 answer |
Hi Guys, so ive got pain (dull ache) at the minute which never goes right under my sternum, sometimes it will also be under my ribs and i...
1 answer |
Hi everyone I am new to this forum and I need some urgent help. I am from High Wycombe Buckinghamshire and I have been diagnosed with an ...
|
Hello - I have a fatty tissue hernia that is moderately painful creating a little lump above my belly button. The doctor has told me this...
|
On either side of my pubic bone, I have an egg shaped swelling that puffs out. It goes down when I'm laying down. I am assuming it is s...
I have a medical question and I'm wondering if this is a place to get an answer?
I wanted to know what was the max I can lift before it is considered to heavy if I just had surgery last month for a canalope size h...
I just noticed a "squishy" bump in my naval yesterday. It does not cause me any pain or discomfort. I obviously haven't been to the Dr ...
I had an hernia op in November and I'm getting serious pain for the repair, when I sneeze, cough, laugh stand up fast or lift and the pai...
1 answer |
Hello, i'm a 27 year old male. I've been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. It is ruining my life to say the least. Waking up everyday feeli...
6 answers | 2 comments |
Does methamphetamine effect a pre existing sports hernia
I am 65 year old male. I had hernia surgery yesterday. When I pee the urinary stream is very weak. Is this common?
Today I was at the gym at a seated chess press with 40 lbs. When I got home the area of my insision started hurting. Do you think I have ...
My boyfriend have a hernia and we are trying to have a baby for almost 2-3 years already but until now we still dont have a baby :( what ...
1 answer |
My mother (58 y/o, had total abdominal hysterectomy 2016, hospital stay was 21 days with severe ileus) underwent incisional hernia repair...
The pictures in my profile are from Day 1, Day 4, and Day 9. Did my doctor make a mistake during the surgery and hit something that he po...
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Hernia Community
276 Members
324 Questions
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem