Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Please help

So my husband has been hooked on Demerol, oxys, xzanex, valume and some other stuff for the last 4 months and he's been on Vicodin and perks off an on for the last 4 years, well I had an idea something was wrong with him because he's been not himself for the last few months and he decided to tell me about all this on our wedding anniversary a week ago, he's been clean for 3 days and pretty much bedridden, how long does this physical withdrawal last? Does anyone have any advice for me on how to deal with this low blow or any advice for him or let me know what to expect? Please iv never dealt with anything like this before and I'm so lost and we have a brand new baby and I'm just so stressed and confused
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
He's coming off of it, doin better, he's actually functional, are there any signs or anything to look for incase he relapses?
Helpful - 0
1831920 tn?1320857757
That is good news because you can have seizures when you detox cold turkey from benzos.  How is he doing?
Helpful - 0
He was taking them every day, I don't even think he knows how many mg they were, he got them from different people, I took him to the hospital for detox and they perscribed him a few medications so his body doesn't go into shock and to take the edge off
Helpful - 0
1831920 tn?1320857757
The physical symptoms are usually gone in 4 - 7 days.
For the opiate withdrawal, look at the bottom right handside of this page and see what ingredients you might want to get on the Thomas Recipe.

How much Xanax and Valium was he taking?  it is dangerous to detox cold turkey from these medications.  Can you tell me how many milligram of each pill he was taking and if he was taking them every day and for how long?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community

Top Addiction Answerers
phoenix, AZ
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.