Please help

So my husband has been hooked on Demerol, oxys, xzanex, valume and some other stuff for the last 4 months and he's been on Vicodin and perks off an on for the last 4 years, well I had an idea something was wrong with him because he's been not himself for the last few months and he decided to tell me about all this on our wedding anniversary a week ago, he's been clean for 3 days and pretty much bedridden, how long does this physical withdrawal last? Does anyone have any advice for me on how to deal with this low blow or any advice for him or let me know what to expect? Please iv never dealt with anything like this before and I'm so lost and we have a brand new baby and I'm just so stressed and confused
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
He's coming off of it, doin better, he's actually functional, are there any signs or anything to look for incase he relapses?
Helpful - 0
That is good news because you can have seizures when you detox cold turkey from benzos.  How is he doing?
Helpful - 0
He was taking them every day, I don't even think he knows how many mg they were, he got them from different people, I took him to the hospital for detox and they perscribed him a few medications so his body doesn't go into shock and to take the edge off
Helpful - 0
The physical symptoms are usually gone in 4 - 7 days.
For the opiate withdrawal, look at the bottom right handside of this page and see what ingredients you might want to get on the Thomas Recipe.

How much Xanax and Valium was he taking?  it is dangerous to detox cold turkey from these medications.  Can you tell me how many milligram of each pill he was taking and if he was taking them every day and for how long?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community