There is hope

My son will have 60 days clean under his belt on Friday - it can be done!!!!  He gave his life to God realizing that he couldn't be clean or stay clean on his own.  He realized he was powerless and his life was out of control so he left everything and came home.  He went to 3 -5 meetings a day everyday!!.  He went to counseling - told everyone he met that he was a recovering addict - decided to have no more secrets - he works his program - has a new job - he is starting his life over.  He lost 10 years but now he is clear minded - open and honest and has hope for the future.  So all you parents out there don't give up - there is hope - keep praying - keep loving and keep believing!!!  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Congrats to you and your son on 60 days clean!!  May you both continue on your road to recovery~~~sara
Helpful - 0
i am delighted for u and your son i know what its like i went through it with my son hes two years clean in june p,god again having broke down himself and asking for help but i never gave up on him even after he relapsed three times, The only part we are struggling with now still two years on is his emotional well being and the piece thats missing from my sons recovery is the spiritual part he needs something or someone to hand his troubles over too and after two years hes still searching im praying he will find something even if he got a job it would help i imagine but theres nothing there but hes come this far hes not going to give up now and same as u and ur son to anyone else out there that may be suffering at present try to keep the faith even though its next to impossible at times sometimes all an addict wants is someone to listen and a listening ear not to be lectured at and put down so well done again to you and most of all ur son xx
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Congrats to you and your son also on your clean time!!  The spiritual part will come~~~
Helpful - 0
Congrats to everyone for your loved ones' clean time.  It does give me some hope.  One day I'm hoping to be able to do the same for someone else...

Jane
Helpful - 0
And you will do i have no doubt in time you will keep strong xx
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Living with an Addict Community