Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Living with an Addict Community
1.15k Members

blindsided

It took me along time to figure out my husband has a drug problem.... When I did I thought it was just pills well turns out it's heroin and cocaine... We have lost our house because of his drug use and lies... I love him but scared he maybe fooling me that this time will be different.... He went to detox stayed two days then left cause they stopped giving him anxiety meds so he is suppose to go to a rehab place next Monday but there is just too many issues there we don't live in the same county for them to accept the insurance we have which is Medicaid... Am I getting fooled again?
1 Responses
3060903 tn?1398565123
You must go on with your life like he is a ghost
prepare for the worst and hope for the best
you can't let his addiction cost you everything
you have to concentrate on being strong yourself
it's a "family disease" are you doing what you should be doing ?
you need to work your program and let him work his ...
meet in the middle with an Addiction Therapist if you can ...
if you can't afford treatment, save up for a session with an Addiction Therapist, talk about getting the benefits of rehab (drug testing) ...
Use a Therapist to direct him into a 12 step program;
Get him into a gym; get him involved in a new hobby, you and he go to "open" meetings of Cocaine Anonymous, or Narcotics Anonymous. Go and make a night of it. See if he will. An addict that wants you and they to make it will "go to any lengths" to do so,
NA and 12 step programs is like committing to Church.
You work the steps (focused around fully being accountable).
If an addict cannot or will not go to these lengths, chances are they are "trying to fool you".
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.