Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

It shouldn't be this hard..should it?

I read all of these post everyday, every moment, and it makes me wonder.  Why is this so hard, I know the reality is ..it just is.  But sometimes I see the suffering here and I want to cry out...

We really do help each other here..I forget for a moment about my own demons when I see yours..

thank you for that..

sheila
Sheila, I think it's hard because as users, we didn't want to do things the hard way from the beginning. So we're adding a huge physical challenge (withdrawal) to a tendency to want to take the easy way out.  Double whammy.
C'est la vie.
Hey, I should be psycho-cleaning, but here I am.  What day is it?
Good morning sunshine.....I wanna play today too!By the way,I had my hair colored and cut aaaaaaaaaand got a manicure.Now what do I do?lol How is your visit with sis going?Try not to pat her down and steal her drugs lol Temptation has been knocking at my door (literally)Why do I want to answer?Wish someone would knock me over the head or something lol

pixi
I'M ON MY SECOND DAY OFF OF A "HUGE" AMOUNT OF VICODIN ES. (10 TO 15 PILLS A DAY & SOMETIMES AS MANY AS 20) I'M A 29 YEAR OLD MAN THAT HAS BEEN TAKING THIS DRUG FOR CLOSE TO 11 YEARS. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THAT I'VE HAD 12 SURGERIES ON MY KNEE & CANNOT MANAGE THE PAIN. I'VE HONESTLY HAVE TRIED EVERY OTHER MEDICATION ON THE MARKET & NOT ONE CAN CONTROL THE PAIN. I WANT TO GET OFF THE MEDICATION LONG ENOUGH TO KNOCK MY TOLERANCE DOWN TO WHERE IT WAS.(ABOUT 2 OR 3 PILLS A DAY) HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE? HOW LONG ARE THESE IMPOSSIBLE WITHDRAWLS GOING TO TAKE TO KICK? I HAVEN'T GOT THE OPTION OF TAKING TIME OFF OF WORK SO I'M SITTING HERE SWEATING, YET I'M COLD, I HAVE THE "RUNS" REGARDLESS OF THE IMMODIUM I'VE TAKEN. THIS JUST PLAIN SUCKS!!! I CAN GO RIGHT NOW & GET MY MEDICATION & KICK THIS BUT I'M REFUSING TO DO SO!!! DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE ANSWER AS FAR AS THE TOLERANCE DROPPING DOWN TO WHERE IT WAS? I HONESTLY DO NOT TAKE THESE PILLS FOR THE "HIGH" AT 11 YEARS, THAT "HIGH" WENT AWAY A LONG, LONG TIME AGO.
Your going through the worst of it now so hang in there.Each day does get easier.Im on day 11 off hydro and no physical symptoms after 1 week.Im not sure about how long to lower your tolerance but this is the place to be for support.Im sure someone with more knowledge than me will answer you.If you have access to hydro and wont get it then you are one strong and determined person.I wish you luck.Keep posting,it really helps.

pixi
Day 10 for you girl!

pixi
aka/debbie