Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Its That Time! August 2014 Roll Call!!

Here we are in a new month. This year is sure flying by. So, this is where you post your clean time OR if your not clean but lurking...you introduce yourself. You dont have to be clean to post here. This is a place where we meet and share encouragement and hope.

So, I will start. I'm ABN and tomorrow I will have 4 1/2 years clean. May God continue to bless you all!

Go Dodgers!
Go Cowboys!
677.... from the street drugs and prescribe meds

3765....from the bar or store

20 days from them awful Cigs that does more damage then all of this.
As most know I had to have a Heart Procedure and I am still not out of the red yet..This is what it took for me to finally quit the Cigs. I have been mentioning it on here since day one. It has been a bit harder then when I c/t my 3 meds ALMOST 2 years ago..
GRATEFUL to be ALIVE TODAY!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO HAS TAKEN THAT FIRST STEP!!
Vickie
Im heather im an addict and i have been clean 6 months today
584 days off methadone. 10 off smokes. 1 week off hydrocodone from surgery.
Congrats MH -- New & Old alike. :)
Alright, im at the 7 month mark. In Florida on vacation with husband and kids....and will be attending an out of town N/A meeting tomorrow night, per my sponser! Still a work in progress....but its defintly getting better.
151 and counting. Feel good working hard. Can't wait next month will be half a year.  See ya then lol.
I am Shawn I only have 19 days of no more norcos. It's been hard and now I'm just dealing with the metal part anxiety & depression but I'm doing this.won't give up!!!!!! A big shout out to all that are keeping it real. Keep on Keeping.....:-) :-) :-) :-)
Hey y'all lovely angel peeps! .......341 days today .....congrats all!!  You are amazing!.....
2 days. I guess that's not a recovery yet though?
13 days off suboxone.  Brutally tough couple days.  So difficult to work n deal with clients, but I have no choice.  Chills, hot flashes n no energy.  Sorry to vent......  this is tough.    Can't wait till next Summer when I can post "1year clean"
20 days finally felt decent today. Xo
Lu here.  My tracker reads 970 Days.  I have been working recovery for 970 days.  I am currently using opiates for pain control before an upcoming surgery that I believe will cure me long enough to have the baby I so desperately want (:
By this time next year I will be PILL FREE AND PREGNANT!  Fingers and toes crossed (:

I am 4 months clean from cigarettes after a brief relapse- before that I had 14 months.

I am so proud of everyone on this forum.  Keep fighting for your freedom people!  Together we are STRONG (:
Much love
Lu
Hi....a big congrats to all on this list weather it be a day or month or years clean we all do this ''just for today''....as for me it is 1748 days without methadone or opiates ..and 33months of of benzos I work the N/A program and still go to 4 meetings a week it is a cheep price to pay to be clean........................Gnarly........................................
Cleansweep is 1 year clean from pain killers today!
10 days clean working hard to reach status. Still an accomplishment and feeling proud.  Everyone has to start somewhere.  Congratulations to all!  
Hi MH peeps!!  i'm 623 days clean from pain pills, and 8+ months free from cigs...not nicotine free cuz I do the vapor cigs but hoping to stop those soon too.  Congrats everyone on their clean days, and for those lurking or just starting out,  stick with it..push thru, it's so worth it!  
135 days and plugging along!
Great job guys!!!   keep it up ;)  

2 years and 15 days here!  
Four years; four months-  Don't miss it one bit!

Nice work everyone!
COMMUNITY LEADER
6 yrs 3 months......

Way to go everybody!!
Hey you all 192 days. Heeehaw!
Well done everyone !!!
8 months and 6 days off Subutex for me.
Thanks ABN : )
I've been free from opiates for 26 hard-fought days...AND gave up cigs over 18 years ago.  Now if I could just stop eating food...;)  Luv you guyz.  You all helped change my life!
43 days (almost 6 wks, fyi) opiate free. After relapsing the entire year before that, I finally got on board!  Oh, and feeling physically fine (gotta love that!).

I have gone to a meeting every day since I got clean. Have sponsor. I want a year, dangit!!!:)
Great job everybody!  I have 467 days clean and sober.   :)
Hello from oz its aj im still on pain meds for a ten yr old broken collarbone from car accident im not on super high dose i cant wait for my surg so i can stop taking meds im alot better n have more control with my meds now im so glad i found this site i think neaarly two yrs ago you guys r like my family ive never met ive been lurking to shame to post coz im still takin meds but i wont hide no more thanks to medhelp n the amazing people here.  

STAY STRONG DEAR FAMILY YOUS R TRUELY INSPERATIONAL YOUS ALL REALLY R <3
VEN THOSE STARTING OUT YOUS HAVE MADE THE FIRST STEP AND ITS THE BIGGEST STEP OUT OF IT ALL N EVERY STEP AFTERWARDS IS STEP CLOSER TO OUR LIVES FREE FROM MEDS!!!!!
Going on Day 8 here.  I'm going to make it with God's help and the help of all of the wonderful people here in this forum!!!
Congrats to everyone...lets keep em coming!
2 years and 5 months. Congrats to everyone.  It does get better as long as we keep doing the next right thing. All we have to do is not pick up. We can't get high or drunk that way.

Stronger than yesterday
I HAVE  A FEW 24'S that equal 2155 days
Congrats everyone!
Wow add up all the days and years we have sober together.....you guys are awesome......24 days clean and free from a long 8 year prison buzz.
COMMUNITY LEADER
bump
I am SOOOO ready for this! lol 59 days off heroin!!!!!!!!! Life is good :)
Today is 769 days off high dose street methadone. I couldn't do it alone, I tried, but with medhelp, local support, and tons of work, I have created a whole new life. I didn't go back to pre-drugs me, I am a totally different person than I had ever imagined. I handle situations naturally that used to baffle me.

Yesterday my bank was drained from fraud, Saturday I was removed from a list for a class I am required to take or it will cost a lot and I will  lose my license to drive, my property tax interest is growing faster than I can pay, my body hurts too much to work as hard as I did, my bipolar has escalated since detox, there are many, many reasons to want to escape, but I don't want to. I want real solutions now. I am really happy that I am alive and can work toward my future, even with so many things working against me. I love being sober and at peace, there is no high better.

Hang in there everyone, the best part of life is coming up.
Hi Everyone,

50 days clean off Oxycontin here.

I am also an ex Cocaine and pack a day smoker and have not used either of these drugs in years.

I still smoke pot I just really like it but that's it. My motto now is no chemicals, powders or anything made in a lab. A herb here and there is ok for me.

Congratulations Everyone!

Hi Weaver it does not seem right that you face such problems in recovery. It seems like the ppl in the least position to help, always help the most. the ppl who can afford to help the most don' care. My heart goes out to you and I thank you again for your continued help and support.

Mark
I nearly forgot to post!!! 63 days today.
If anyone just starting is wondering if it gets better, it does, I promise.
Do I still think about using? Yes. But I'm past the horrible roller coaster of emotions and severe depression. I'm still waiting for more energy and my interests in things to come back, but I've got more energy now thankfully! I exercise most days and just started some really simple yoga, try it, it will most likely help.
Good job everyone, keep on fighting the good fight!!!
EG70xx
It's only day 3 for me but everyone has to start somewhere. Can't wait to have 30 days
144 days!!!!! Thanks for being here everyone!!!!
199 days clean....although im dealing with kidney stones right now which has been the most painful thing ive felt in my life!!! Im  currently taking hydrocodone 2 help with the pain but only as prescribed, its looking like im going 2 need 2 setup a appt with a urologist 2 surgically remove the stone!! UGH!!  Gongrats on everyone's clean time, GOD  BLESS
And everyone else CONGRATS 1 hour or 1000000000000000 hours thats amazing every day is a miracle
1