Joint swelling from narcotics?

Has anyone here had joint swelling that seemed to get worse with an increase in any type of narcotic?

My husband has had joint swelling after an injury which has seemed to only get worse after he tried to take care of it on his own with narcotics. Now he's seeing a doctor that has him on a low dose of suboxone (with a naltrexone equiv.), the doc recently increased his dose and then his swelling got worse. He backed off and it got better, go figure. I've read rare reports of this but I haven't found any real person with any knowledge or experience with this. His withdrawls seem to be doing ok ATM but, with the doc wanting him to stay on a even dose it's creating major problems with some joints. Real catch 22 here. Help lol. Anyone with a similar experience???

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community