Needle fixation

Does anyone know how to get over needle fixation after iv drug addiction? Ive been clean from drugs for over 7 months now and still get the occasional craving for heroin or crack, but pretty much every day I crave shooting up in general. Sometimes I even find myself wanting to shoot up water or saline solution, just to satisfy the needle fixation.

Also does anyone know how long it takes for track marks to fade? I havent used a needle since I quit drugs and my track marks have hardly faded at all. Its like the veins on my arms and hands are a lot darker than normal, so they stand out pretty well.
Hi Voxxx. I do not think it is a matter of getting over the fixation but I do know with time it fades. I have not slammed for 32 years at first it was difficult but with time this impulse does not reoccur so often. when it does do something like busy work it passes.. as for the tracks try getting a real aloe-vera cactus and cut off small pieces of it and rub it along the tracks it will help them to heal mine now are a white scar and not so evident vitamin E also helps.. Congrats on over 7 months That is great !! Take care. lesa