Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

What will the jump from 1mg to none feel like, specifically withdrawal?

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and I've never joined any other forums before. I'll try my best to keep it brief. I am from the Milwaukee area. I was addicted to heroin for several years, and started methadone maintenance at a clinic back in 2013. My stabilized and highest dose was 120mg. I am on phase 6, so I only go once every 2 weeks for my take homes. I have been tapering slowly for a year and a half. I am now down to 11mg, and Tuesday I will go down to 9mg (I taper down 2mg every 2 weeks when I go to the clinic). I have been feeling slight withdrawals since I got down into the 20s, but it's manageable. In March, I will taper from 1mg to none, and be done with the clinic. I do not use any other drugs, and haven't used heroin since 2013...I have a complately normal and street drug free life. I am prescribed 1mg lorazepam in combination with paxil which seems to help with the depressive mood of tapering. The restless legs and lazy feeling paired with axiety is the worst of what im dealing with now. I cannot wait to be free of the liquid handcuffs. Has anyone tapered slowly...over a long period of time as I have? And if so, was the jump from 1mg to 0 bad? Or will it be relatively manageable since I've been slowly tapering?
Sorry for the long post. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.
-K
Hi  well I was on methadone for almost 7yrs at 150mg  I tapered all the way to 1mg  the phyical withdrawal lasted about 2 weeks but the lack of sleep and ''energy crash'' went on for the better part of 90 days.....there is no get out of jail free card with this drug  as hard as it was it was so so worth it to get free of the liquid handcuffs  keep posting for support we have a lot of X/methadonians her on the forum
..............................................Gnarly.......................................