A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members
1745135 tn?1318228473

withdrawl

i need help in what will ease my symptoms i have been taking gabapentin for 4 years and supodole for a couple of months and have decided that i believe they are causing me more problems then they are solving they both were orgionally taken because of severe chronic leg pain that i have had since i came off of heroin many many years ago and for anyone who knows the pain of withdrawl well thats what i feel in my legs constanly (if anyone else has had this i would love it if you could share as i feel so alone on it) and this is why the dr has me on these i have been getting migraines from the gabapentin which the dr had assured me was in no way addictive (guess he didnt know about the physical affects) so i have decided to stop taking them and well lets just say it im an addict and if i have something like supodol i am going to miss use it from time to time so they have become an issue i know i can do this as i have done it before but i guess i mostly want to know has anyone out there detoxed off of gabapentin ? i read up on it and it says that it is to be compared to withdrawl from opiots so does this mean i will get hit with a double wammy ? just looking for a few answers and any advice on how to get through it thanks :)
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.