Alternative Therapies Community
541 Members

Paresthesia all over. Can it be stress???

Hello,  I am new to the board.  I had a groin/abdomen injury about 7 months ago.  Tried Physical Therapy, Chiro and all diff types of Doctors before I was lead to a general surgeon for a possible hernia.  I had Laproscopic Inguinal mesh hernia repair 3 months ago.  The recovery was normal with little side effects.  Then the injury seemed to resurface about 6 weeks later, which spiked my anxiety and nerves.  Since then, i have been having reoccuring muscle spasms/tingling/numbness/burning sensations that started in hands and feet and have since grown to most of my extremities.  The groin/abdomen injury seems to be getting better thru Chiro visits, stretching and light physical activity.

I thought I had finally beat this whole thing earlier in this week when i started to walk more, be more active and do rehab in a pool.  I felt great!  that was 4 days ago.  Since then, the paresthesia has come back in full force in most of my body and some of it has become painful, albeit very briefly.  I have had an MRI on my brain, all 3 parts of my spine, and pelvis and nothing abnormal shows.  All of my blood tests came back normal for deficiencies and thyroid.  I had an EMG two weeks ago and they couldnt find anything.  I thought it might be due to stress but i was not stressed when my workouts were successful earlier this week.  The paresthesia just came back all the sudden two days ago after i had a physical day around the office (tried to walk around alot and take breaks to get the blood flowing since i read this is good for nerve issues)

As of today, this is the worst the paresthesia has ever been and now my stress is back at it!  I cant help it when my whole body is tingling and no doctor has been able to find what is wrong.  Does anyone know what else i can do to try and remedy the situation or who else i can see?  Ive already seen a Neurologist, who ordered the MRIs and the EMG test and he couldnt help me.  I dont have any other symptoms like fatigue/headache/flu like symptoms.  I sleep decent but not great.

What could this be?  Its starting to scare me to death and the stress makes it worse.  I need help!!
Entrapment of the lateral cutaneous nerve of the thigh (LCNT) is a recognized complication of laparoscopic hernia repair.
I suggest seeing another surgeon for an opinion!
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Learn ow this ancient healing Indian medicine can work for you
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste