Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Community
632 Members

Scared - Possible MND

hello,

I an 42 and extremely worries I have ALS.
In March I started having twitches all over my body. They were almost nonstop.
Within a week I started to notice my right leg felt strongly weak.
The symptoms did not get better so I my GP requested a EMG.
I had the EMG in July and the doc that performed it said she saw "absolutely no evidence of ALS"
Symptoms did not get better and I noticed a small dent/hole in my thigh muscle just about 2 " above my knee. When I am standing up it looks like I had been leaning up against something. It is a horizontal void that goes across the front of my leg a few inches above the knee. I can still walk but with a bit of a limp.
In October I noticed my right leg was starting to ache and get sore - it still is.
So my question can Muscle twitching with weakness and atrophy be anything other then MND?
I asked this to my GP and he said he didn't know the answer
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease