Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Community
626 Members

pain undre left breast

Im 26 yaers old and have been experiencing  since one year a very sharp,tighting pain under my left breast.it feels like its in my heart.The pain disappers in 2-5 mins.And i cant move when its happening.My heart also beats very fast sometimes.What could this be?
I too experienced similar pain in my upper rib cage area.  It seemed to be right in the rib. I am male.  None-the-less, this last for a longtime, probably a year - it would come and go.  At times the pain was so bad I couldn't sleep for days.

I under went every test you can imangine - chest xray, ultrasound, bloodwork - nothing showed up.  I thought for sure I had a cancer.  I now think it was some short of viral infection - but who knows.  The Dx was maybe pleurisie(sp?). All I did was worry myself sick, literally.  I soon after developed wierd sensory neuroapathy symptoms which i believe were stress related to the pain in my chest area.  Antidepressant drugs seem to work me.  

Know that you are now alone out there.  Wish I could be of more help.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease