Arthritis Community

Knee Pain or Arthritis?

I am noah, 23 years old. Now a days i'm researching on arthritis topic. And i am surprised of few facts that makes people totally helpless. Knee pain, back pain these are very common today but what is the proper medication of this problem? Thanks for the answers in advance.

noah

I'll do my best to answer this, but it's best to consult a rheumatologist.
Injury can affect any of the ligaments, bursae, or tendons surrounding the knee joint. Injury can also affect the ligaments, cartilage, menisci (plural for meniscus), and bones forming the joint. The complexity of the design of the knee joint and the fact that it is an active weight-bearing joint are factors in making the knee one of the most commonly injured joints. It's not necessarily arthritis; you're 23, you're young. I'm sure you do activities such as sports. This can result in a pulled muscle.
I agree that there are multiple causes of knee and back pain. I will offer what I have learned about knee and back pain. Degenerative diseases like
Degenerative Disc Disease of the back and Degenerative Joint Disease can lead to arthritis. Arthritis is an inflamation and degeneration is a tearing down so to speak of parts of a joint, When the lining of the knee joint becomes inflamed it is sinovitis and this can become an arthritic joint.. When fluid is lost in a disc it is called dessication and becomes a degenerated disc. Nest the diseased disc can put pressure on the cord or nerve roots that lead to pain. I am sure there is a variation of the processes depending upon the individuals severity of the specific condition,

There are treatments for knee pain that are very effective compared to when my knee pain originated, There are injections for treating arthritis of the knee that I could have had before my arthritis  became so severe,
I have pampered my knees for years. Started with knee cracking or crepitus
when I was 21.  I just want you to know that one can manage for years with
arthritis of the knees if you take care of your knees. Rest, avoid heavy lifting
proper diet and perhaps avoid jogging,stooping and kneeling if necessary. Keeping fluid accumulation from occurring in the knees is important. Rest your knees when inflamed and add activity as able. Worse comes to worse
the fluid can be removed. Cortisone shots are there if needed. You are young for this treatment.

Have to admit I was a bit stumped myself having developed recent back pain. Learned to control that too. Really want to assure you that pain can be resolved in various ways, I hope you are not depending upon sports for
employment though even that can be minor problem depending upon your
evaluation by a qualified orthopedic or neuro-surgeon. I started out with a rheumatology specialist who worked with me to select a good medication and ample education regarding conditions like tendonitis. Best wishes for a
speedy recovery. Sorry this is a long answer. Age related(LOL)You have youth on your side too!
Chuckie
Arthritis or joint pain cannot be fully cured but with the pain relieving medicines it can be reduced to some extent.
Thanks friends for sharing your experiences and valuable time. Without your answers i would not be able to understand and decide. I am going to consult rhemotologist.

Noah
Great start!  Please keep us informed when you have time. Hope you have a minor concern!  Chuckie
The only thing I might add to Chuckie's excellent post is that the knee pain may be related to your back pain, or the other way around. Pain in any one joint changes your body alignment, which can eventually lead to pain in other joints.

If something's going on with your knee, it changes the way you walk, stand, sit, lie down, etc. This can lead to strain on your lower back. By the same token, back pain can see to spread to your hips, knees, and elsewhere for the same reason.

When you see the rheumatologist, make sure he or she looks at all your joints, not just your knee. Good luck! :)
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches