Ask a Pharmacist Forum

insomnia from propranolol

I have suffered from insomnia for years adn recently I was put on propranolol for akathisia related to one of my other medications.  I am having major insomnia now- only sleeping 2-3 hours a night- it is crazy.  Is the longer acting dose of this associated with less insomnia by any chance? any suggestions?  I am on the immediate release ones.
I don't believe the side effect of the long acting propranolol is any less than the immediate release one. I would recommend letting your doctor know about the insomnia that is being caused by the propranolol and possibly changing therapy.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.