Ask a Pharmacist Forum

switching from wellbutrin

I have been taking wellbutrin xl 300 mgs for about 2 years but my insurance has now changed and I need to find a different medication that has a cheaper generic.  Which other antidepressent is the most similar in what it does?  I have taken many different ones throughtout the years and will never take effexor again due to the brain zaps, so I really don't want that again!  I have taken zoloft, paxil, prozac without problems in the past, one made me sleepy, I'm not sure which.

There is nothing exactly comparable to wellbutrin xl but the generic wellbutrin sr which is a 12 hour formulation may be cheaper than the wellbutrin xl 24 hour. It may be easier to switch to the 12 hour formulation than to change drugs totally. Zoloft, paxil, and prozac are all similar to each other and can all cause drowsiness.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.