use of asmanex vs synbicort for copd

is asmanex a replacement for symbicort
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your doctor will have to decide that for you.  They are not equivalent medications though.  Asmanex is only an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS).  Symbicort is a combination medication with an inhaled corticosteroid and a long-acting beta2 agonist (LABA - bronchodilater).  

My limited understanding is that COPD requires both types of medications.  Sometimes an LABA can be used to treat COPD as a stand alone medication (always in combination for an asthmatic).  Sevevent is a stand alone LABA if you want to try that.  I doubt that your doctor will take you off the Symbicort.

God bless.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Asthma Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.