Back & Neck Community

LOWER BACK PAIN

For around 6 weeks I have had pounding pain around the kidney area which has subsequently moved and sits around under the back ribs and towards the hip area.  I am up from the early hours feeling winded and very much in pain.  I had a urine test which was ok.  Last week the top of my back muscles locked which have been treated with diazepam which has worked a treat.

However, Im really concerned about this pain which is horrendous on waking, doesnt feel like bone/muscle pain more internal which is hard to describe.  As well as 3 days worth of diazepam I have been given acid tablets as when the doc pressed my stomach under front ribs it shot pain through to the back, and have to go back after a week to tell the doctor how I feel.  3 days later, the pain is tremendous although the muscle spasm/locked muscle top of back has gone completely due to the diazepam.  I have been told by the first doc I saw weeks ago it wont be kidney stones as I would feel them all the time but this pain is as niggling and awful as gall stones which I had in my twenties.  I agree though that it eases after being up an hour or so but each day goes by and I can feel it more and more in the day.

I did some harsh movements twisting whilst swimming a couple of months ago and wonder if this could have torn anything.  No other info I can offer you other I drink loads of diet coke which the more I read about the more I think I should stop.  Any ideas what it may be????