Back & Neck Community

Lower back herniated Disc

I have a herniated disc in my lower back. I'm starting to workout, again at the gym. I'm wondering if there are any ab exercises I can do? Also, what should I avoid? I'm specifically focusing on weight training.

Thank you!!
Hi!
If you have a herniated disc then you need to do back exercises to strengthen the back muscles. Initially you should avoid lifting any weights and should avoid any exercise that is likely to strain your back. Please ask your physiotherapist to work with you and chalk out a plan suitable to your needs. You could follow this plan at the gym.
Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.