Back & Neck Community

Prolonged back pain

I have mid upper back pain on both sides of my back with neck and shoulder pain. Back pain is approximately along the edge of my scapulas. Pain Management believes back pain is caused by rib inflammation and is treating it with DEPOMEDROL shots once a month.  I am taken Tramadol and Zanaflex which gives minor relief.. My concern is the pain on my right side will coincide with spasms in my esophogus area( middle chest pain). I have had this for over a year. I have had the upper GI tests run with results of a minor hyedal hernia. I also have the pain on my left side of back which sometime results in left side chest pain. All in all these treatments only give temporary relief. Coughing,and breathing does not increase pain. Sometimes a hard sneeze will hurt my back.
I also have a minor disk herniation at C5/C6 which has been  treated with epidorals(2) with some success helps neck and shoulders.  My neurosurgeon does not believe the back pain is associated with the C5/C6 minor herniation.
I am thinking of seeing a Orthopedic Specialist to try and determine what is causing so called rib inflammmation.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
I get similar pains in my back and chest.  I do have two herniated discs in my neck and arthritis.  It gets worse when I exercise or try to lift anything with the upper body.  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, and really not given much help at all.

I hope you find out what it is, if you do I would be interested to hear it.