Back & Neck Community

long standing extreamly bad migrains

possible causes are of many hypersensitivities seen on T2 and flair weighted sequences. accelerated small vessel ischemic changes, which a cause of this is possible. MRI report states that the T2 and flair is advanced for my age (54). There is a **** narrowing at C5-6 and C6-7 the signal is unremarkable however, degenerative endplate change at C5-6.C4-5 tiny bilateral uncovertebral osteophytes are seen. C5-6 there is a moderate diffuse disk buldge , causing mild ventral thecal sac effacement. no canal stenosis or neural foraminal  encroachment is seen. Small bilateral uncovertebral osteophytes are seen.
So my question would be with some of the information listed above will I suffer life term with sever migraine headaches ?
Hi!
With this MRI report, it is evident that you have age related changes in the vertebrae. This is probably causing pressure on the spinal nerves. Since the upper cervical spinal nerves supply the head and neck, you are feeling the pain in that region. Also, T2 flair signal intensities are found in migraine apart from many other causes. So, it could be a combination of both.
Use a hard bed to sleep. Avoid a pillow. Roll a towel and place it under your neck while sleeping on the back and between head and shoulder when lying on the side. Initially this will be uncomfortable but with time the acupressure will work. Use an analgesic cream or spray. Anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants also help. Also, you must improve your posture while sitting and working. Manual therapy, traction, cervical collar, neck exercises etc should all be tried as all these can help relieve pain.
Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.