Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo Provera

I am 21 years old and have been on the shot (DEPO) since I was 18. I recently started having hot flashes and I wake up at night sweat profusely. Once I sit outside for a couple minutes I am fine. Also I have noticed since I have been on the shot I am very anxious. I would like someones opinion if their is a way to counteract these side effects or if I should just switch? I just really like the depo because so is very reliable for my-self. Please I would love some opinions.
So far, I have only been on the shot for about three months.

However, I have not really experienced anything out of the ordinary. In fact, any side effects I had when I was on the pill, I have not had with the shot.

BC works different for everyone, though. I think if you want something to counteract, you might talk to your doctor. Or maybe, for your anxiety, try to start meditating or start doing things like yoga. I know that they really help with those kinds of things.

I can't say what to do about the hot flashes. When I experience something like that, I just open a window or go outside for a little bit.

If you think you might do better with a different BC, try it out. If you don't like it, go back to the shot. It's really up to you. Each BC works different for people.
Dont take nora-plant its a death sentence. I know pesonally living with many health problems that no one can figure out!!
dont take it!!!
get off this shot and never look back.... i am on it and experience the night sweats as well.... and many more
I am identical to this! I'm 20, Have been on the depo for about 5 years now. Started getting really bad headaches about 3 years ago, bad anxiety 2 years ago and now I have the night sweats etc. I'Ve never really linked it to the depo until now but the benefits of being on it were so strong I am reluctant to come off it! But if it others have experienced the same- perhaps I should come of it :/
Its nice to know that im not alone in the serch for questions here. Night sweats and severe anxiety as well as depression. Headaches, nausea, fatigue, restlessness. This list could go on. But I got pregnant with my daughter on the pull 6 years ago. ive been on drop for a little over a year now and I have woken up in a puddle of sweat too many times to count now.