MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Is it safe to take diet pills and contraceptive pills at the same time?

Can diet pills and contraceptive pills used at the same time? Will it reduce the reliability of the contraceptive pills if diet pills were also taken?

Also, I'm taking a 21-tab pill - is it safe to have sexual intercourse during the 7 pill-free days?
Thank you.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Considering you should be having your period during that 7 day break in pills you should be fine having sex then.
Helpful - 0
Hi there,
Diet pills do not interact with birth control pills and may not the efficacy of birth control pills. However it is best to ask your gynecologist for her  opinion. . This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.