Aa
A
A
Close
20794659 tn?1508973465

Pituitary tumor not found on recent scan but I have symptoms. Is this possible?

I was first diagnosed with a pituitary tumor in 2002 at 19 years old.  I have had several MRI scans over the years and recently, have had a sharp dip in my health. I have had Hypothyroidism until a couple years ago, when my levels normalized, but now are showing low again.  I had an MRI early 2016 and the pituitary tumor was still there. It has changed in size over the years, up and down. I have had chronic fatigue most my life but now it is disabling. I am tired all of the time, I have constant headaches, my current headache has been over 2 months long.  I'm gaining weight again, have visual field loss, but I just heard from my doctor that my latest MRI shows no tumor.

Is this possible?  I really don't know what to think. The test shows it's not there, but I feel terrible and I feel like my health is declining.

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
657231 tn?1453836403
Yes. If your doctor is competent, then he will follow the tests and not the imaging.

In my own case, my own tumor changed sizes every time it was imaged, finally disappearing and then another appeared on the other side. Surgery showed both were there.

Testing has to be done well and consistently at 8am and my doctor likes 8am fasting off meds. I can’t tell you how often lab error holds us back.

Your eye doc should fight for you too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Pain Tracker
Pain
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Ralphpetrillo commented on life after brain tumo...
Dec 16
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli BRING BACK THE NEWSFEED! Comment
Dec 06
Blank
HannahMoll commented on Life after brain tumo...
Nov 10
Top Cancer Answerers
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
Northern, NJ
Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community Resources
Top Cancer Answerers
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
Northern, NJ