Breast Cancer Community

Biopsy of Fat Necrosis

I am a 27 year old female that recently had a mass removed from my right breast. I was so excited to receive the good news when the pathology came back benign. However, my surgeon told me that I have fat necrosis, a rare and harmless condition. I was so excited to hear the prognosis. But I now have what appears to be the same exact condition occurring in my left breast in exactly the same location as the one in the right breast. After doing a little research on the condition, I decided to call the doctor's office and ask if it could be a symptom of something else because I have never had any trauma to either breast. There seems to be a correlation between fat necrosis of the breast and lupus, which I had tested for positively but since then all of my physicians have been pretty skeptical that I have even though I have at least three of the symptoms and now maybe a fourth. When I called the doctor's office the nurse told me that the pathology on the mass removed, which was dead tissue, would have indicated that I have lupus and the report did not mention anything about it. Am I just being paranoid? Should I continue to pursue this or leave it alone?
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.