Breast Cancer Community

Breast Pain

Hi I'm 33 years old and I've been having pain between my breasts (actually it's toward my left breast) for a few weeks.  It's not sharp pain, it's more like discomfort and I can feel the pain when I press.  My OB dr said that area is not considered breast and it could be muscle pain.  There's no lump or anything.  I've been having irregular period lately so I'm not sure it has anything to do with it.  This is not the first time that I have this kinda pain (same spot) , I've had it in the past and it went away.  However, it's always on my left breast.  I wonder if I should ask for mammogram or biopsy?

The breast pain could be due to a muscle pull, trauma or injury at the site, tight clothes, fibrocystic changes, hormonal changes, infection or inflammation like mastitis, etc.

You should see your doctor or breast specialist to get a clinical examination and rule out the above causes and find out the possible cause in your case.

Have you noticed any abnormal features on breast self examination like breast lumps, skin changes, or nipple discharge etc?

You could take some pain relief medications , breast massage, warm compresses , etc. This could help with your symptoms to some extent.

Let us know how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.