Breast Cancer Community

Hard lump under nipple

My daughter is 10 and has just found a pea size hard lump under her left nipple. It is very sore.  Is this normal for starting of puberity or something to be more concered about?  There is no swelling in her lymp noids noticed.  Her 2nd cousin died of breast cancer.  My brother was just dignosed with lung cancer.    
Hi there.

It is extremely rare for girls her age to develop breast cancer, and this occurrence are most commonly due to benign conditions such as those related to hormonal changes during puberty.  Most of these lesions would regress spontaneously.

This can also be due to a localized form of infection, which can be treated with a course of antibiotics.

To allay your fears further, it is best to have this evaluated personally by her doctor.  Regards and God bless.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.