Breast Cancer Community

Painful lump in breast

I am premenstrual, and I know breasts can become lumpy in this period of time, but I have a lump in my left breast which I noticed around a week ago, and I have been experiencing pain in this area for 2 weeks now.  I am also very stressed as I have exams very soon, and wonder if this could possibly be Da Costa's syndrome?  I'm really worried, but know if I see my GP, he will say to wait until my period comes.  Please could you give me some advice.  Thank you.
I forgot to add, I'm 22 years old
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.