Breast Cancer Community

breast cancer

I had a masectomy on april 20, 2009. I was told a tumor of 3.4 cm was removed and there was no involvement to the chest wall and any other involvement but 1/20 of one of the sentinal nodes was involved. I am positive for estrogen hormone receptors. I was told I needed chemo 2 times a month times 4 months and hormone therapy for 5 years or just hormone therapy for 5 years. i am really scared so please repl,y asap. can anyone help me.
Since your tumor was rather large and there was some (if slight) lymph node involvement I would certainly be inclined to follow the recommendation of the Oncologist. Chemotherapy is standard when there is any node involvement and the Hormonal Therapy is always routine if the tumor was determined to be hormone receptor positive. Even though the node involvement was slight I would opt for the more aggressive program of the two. Regards .....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.