Breast Cancer Community

breast pain

I am a 59 year old who underwent a lumpectomy in Nov. 07 and concluded a three week course of radiation in February.  I had an unremarkable recovery but now suffer from pain, swelling and redness in the affected breast.  I did some weight lifting (three pounds) on Tuesday the 2nd of July in conjuction with physical therapy for tendonitis of the opposite arm.  Please advise.

This discussion is related to New Breast Pain & Swelling Recurring Breast Cancer.
Unless you have had these symptoms since you finished radiation I would ck. with your Oncologist. If this is a sudden onset it needs to be evaluated. I don't think the wt. you mentioned would cause this unless you really overdid the exercise and it could be related to lymphedema ... although there wouldn't be the redness in that case. Have it ck.d soon, OK??
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.