Breast Cancer Community

lump in arm pit

I am 31 yrs old, and have 1 child.  For the past year know, I have had a lump under my armpit, and causes no pain, or discomfort, and had a doc. look at it four months ago.  He said looked like lymphnoids, did a follow up ultrasound today, the techs and docs. at the hospital comfirmed today that it is a swollen muscle in my armpit. I am not sure that sounds right, concidering that just four months ago, my Surgeon says that it was lymphnoids, and that we will make sure it does not grow.  I have had this thing for more than a year, and is not getting smaller.  I do get pain in my ribs, as well as my back and neck, also for the past month, I have been nautious, and get very dizzy.  Every time I go to the doc. office, they say the dizziness is Vertigo, and they gave me Antivert.  The back pain they are saying is related to a previous injery(herniated disk) and I had surgery to fix that in 2003.  Can any one point me in the direction pertaining to a swollen muscle.  
I do exercize, but I am not a heavy lifter, and I have not injured that area where the bump is.  
Hi there.

If this swelling in your armpit is causing you this much trouble, and up to now no one really know for sure what it is, it is better to have a histologic diagnosis done (like a biopsy procedure), to know the nature of this lump.  This could indeed be swollen muscles or enlarged lymph nodes from occult infections in the breast.  

Considering also that you have other symptoms aside from this armpit lump, it is also important to rule out a possible malignancy in your situation, though the likelihood seems small.

Regards and God bless.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.