Breast Cancer Community

lump

Hi two years ago I had a lump in my right breast, My Dr. did an ultrasound & recomended me to have a biopsy done, while I was having a biopsy the fluid popped, My doctor told me that it was just a cyst & I don't  need to be worried about.
3 weeks ago I noticed that I have a new lump in the same breast My Dr. did an ultrasound and she told me it's a cyst, she did a needle Aspiration  to remove the fluid.
Last week I noticed again I have a new lump in the same breast, this time I have few, one lump is big and the remained are small. I had a mamogram and ultrasound done. The radiologist in the ultrasound saw a little bit blood in the fluid she told me that it could be from the last needle  Aspiration I had 3 weeks ago.
last week I went to see my doctor she had the result of the mamogram and the ultrasound she told me that the mamogram looks clean I just have few cysts in my breast and she told me that I don't need to remove them.
I told my Dr. that I want to remove them, this time  she is going to do a surgery to remove the cyst  instead of having done a needle  Aspiration.
My question are :
1)does cyst develop into cancer?
2)could cyst be cancerous ?
3)having surgery to remove a cyst doest it make any complications(get infection, make the lumps worst, more and get a cancer?
4)Can't I keep having a needle aspiration every time when I get a new lump instead of having a surgery?
5)because my lump contains bloody fluid could it be cancer
6)could the blood in the fluid be result of my previous needle aspiration
7)am I in higher risk of getting cancer because of my cystic breast?
8)Is the mamogram result 100% accurate to know if the lump is cancer or benign?
9)How long does a cyst take to develop?
Cysts do not become cancer. You evidently have Fibrocystic Breast Condition and these cysts will no doubt continue to develop. As a rule they are left alone unless they become very large and painful. Draining or removing; you will most likely have more. This is a condition that a great percentage of women suffer from. It does not increase your risk of developing breast cancer. keep in mind though that any new lump should be investigated and not just assumed to be another cyst. Ultrasound is the preferred method of diagnosing cysts. No test or exam can diagnose cancer ... this takes a biopsy of some sort. Mammogram can reveal a susupicious area and the Radiologist thru experience can say whether it is suggestive of cancer but it all comes own to a biopsy for a 100% certainty. surgery to remove the lump will not make the lumps worse or more frequent and as with any surgery; there can always be complications (bleeding, infection, etc.) not to mention having anesthesia. Fibrocystic Breast Condition is related to the hormone levels in your body and there are some things you can do to lessen their occurance. Cutting back on Caffeine is one of the most often recommended ones. Regards ....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.