Breast Cancer Community

lymphedema sleeve

I have a custom sleeve I wear during the day which helps with the swelling.  However, when I remove it, my arm seems to just reswell.  I feel I am defeating the purpose of wearing the sleeve.  Does the sleeve really do any good?  I also do moderate skill yoga twice a week and swim alot during warm weather. Can I also lift hand weights?
You definitely aren't defeating the purpose by wearing your sleeve; you might get in touch with your Therapist and ask about something to wear at night OR perhaps a wrap at night. I trust that you are wearing your sleeve during any type of exercise and I would again ck. with your therapist about the weights; there are different theories regarding that. I would hesitate to advise that type of exercise not knowing the extent of your lymphedema and what treatment you have had in the past. I found the massage to be of great help when not wearing the compression sleeve.    Regards ....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.