Celiac Disease Community
877 Members

Pancreatitis

I was diagnosed with inflammed pancreas which showed up on CT scan at emergency room.  Since being released from hospital I keep having minor attacks of pain, but they seem to be getting worse.  I am weak also.  I do not drink.
It does not seem to be related to what I eat.  I am 6' and weigh 200lbs.  Doctors are stumped.  Does anyone have
any experience with symptoms of pancreatic cancer?  
Pats, make sure they check for autoimmune pancreatitis. It's something that's 'on the rise,' but many docs don't seem to think to test for it. In addition, make sure your gallbladder is checked out. When the GB starts having problems it can take the 'pancreas down' and cause symptoms the doc attribute only to the pancreas.

Before starting to think the worst, make sure you rule out other issues. And make sure you stick to a diet that 'agrees' with the guidelines of trying to handle pancreatitis. It can take a heck of a long time to start to feel decent.

With pancreatic cancer symptoms, there normally are very, very few until the cancer is well-advanced.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem