Celiac (Sprue) Disease Community
873 Members

Looking for suggestions! Positive biopsy, negative serums.

I had an endoscope a few weeks ago with the following path report: Duodenum, biopsy: Duodenal mucosa with mild to moderate villous blunting and increased intraepithelial lymphocytosis, see comment. B. Stomach, biopsy: Gastric fundic and junctional mucosa within normal limits, no evidence of H. pylori. C. Ileum, biopsy: Small bowel mucosa with underlying lymphoid aggregate. D. colon, random biopsies: Colonic mucosa within normal limits. These findings may be seen in the setting of celiac disease (sprue) among other entities, clinical and possibly serological corrleation is recommended..... After I had blood work done, the whole celiac panel, and it was all negative. My PCP does NOT think it is celiac, while my GI does. My son was diagnosed at the age of 6, and has been living a GF lifestyle ever since. I travel a lot, with frequent work/lunch meetings, making it harder to be GF. I mostly want to know, is there anything else that can look like celiac, but not be? Not sure where to go from here. I have a call in to my PCP and a follow-up with my GI in December. I can try to go GF, and see how I feel, but I would rather just know more concretely. Any advice is great, thank you!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem