Recently, my disability insurance company has informed me that I have to have an IME for reconsideration of benefits. First they wanted to send me to an occupational therapist. I told them I didn't think this person would have a clue with regard to my conditions and that most of the neuro community didn't either. Well, they then decided that I would see a neurosurgeon. (The one suggested has a BAD rating and NO CLUE about Chiari, etc.) I have sent them names of Chiari Docs... I don't know what more to do.
My question is... has anyone had to go through this? If so, what do they do?
I have been working on getting back into Cleveland Clinic, though I'm not real sure who is left there for Chiari... I really need a follow-up for more recent baselines on my MRIs and EMGs. I will have to pay for it out of pocket though, as I have no health insurance. At Cleveland Clinic though, they have one of the most generous financial assistance programs I have seen anywhere. (4 times the poverty index!)