Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cold and Flu Community
1.93k Members

Neck Pain over 3 weeks

Trying to figure out why I am in Pain and it is lasting so long.  I lifted something heavy a few weeks ago and threw a piece of wood over my head.  Next day neck pain so I think it could be a sprain.  Today 3 weeks later still in more pain. Taking Hydrocortazon, Stuff for selling and also for spasm.  Sorry if this is misspelled.  The pain is at the base of the neck and on both sides. I cannot turn head side to side, I can barely move it to the left and no movement to the right.  My eyes can move up and down but no neck movement.  It is bad all of the time, night time, day time, no difference.  Tried putting a towel around my neck but no comfort.  Heat makes it worse,  ice feels better but no help.  I do not feel sick at all, hard to swallow a bit.  Shall I look into thyroid  or mendengitis, probelms,  I am a 59 yr old female, usually in good health.
1 Responses
1950425 tn?1452914516
Go to the hospital it can be nothing but be on the safe side you could have strained the muscles in the neck you may need physio to sort it out but don't forget to go to the hospital it could also be something serious
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.