Cold and Flu Community

Neck Pain over 3 weeks

Trying to figure out why I am in Pain and it is lasting so long.  I lifted something heavy a few weeks ago and threw a piece of wood over my head.  Next day neck pain so I think it could be a sprain.  Today 3 weeks later still in more pain. Taking Hydrocortazon, Stuff for selling and also for spasm.  Sorry if this is misspelled.  The pain is at the base of the neck and on both sides. I cannot turn head side to side, I can barely move it to the left and no movement to the right.  My eyes can move up and down but no neck movement.  It is bad all of the time, night time, day time, no difference.  Tried putting a towel around my neck but no comfort.  Heat makes it worse,  ice feels better but no help.  I do not feel sick at all, hard to swallow a bit.  Shall I look into thyroid  or mendengitis, probelms,  I am a 59 yr old female, usually in good health.
Go to the hospital it can be nothing but be on the safe side you could have strained the muscles in the neck you may need physio to sort it out but don't forget to go to the hospital it could also be something serious